My Congressional misrepresentative Crazy Mazie Hirono (D-HI) sent out a newsletter proudly proclaiming that she’s against the people of Hawai’i in the Second District where I live. In her newsletter she states that she voted against the Ryan budget because she claims it will harm the priorities of communities and the people of Hawai’i. That’s a flat out lie!
Hirono outlines 10 points where she misrepresents the Ryan budget with Socialist Democrat talking points. Each point is a complete distortion of the Ryan budget. Hirono would rather keep with the failed policies of the Obama regime.
Let’s take a look at her poorly defined excuses for not voting for a stronger Hawai’i:
1) Ends Medicare as we know it: Medicare as we know it, is going broke. The Ryan plan brings Medicare back into solvency. Medicare is already in the RED and will eventually run out of money. Hirono would rather keep propping up a system going broke. Doctors are starting to turn away Medicare patients. Ryan’s voucher plan would give more flexibility to the patient to choose and decide their medical needs. Under the current plan, the patient and the doctor must follow government rules that restrict how Medicare money is spent. In effect, keeping the government between you and your doctor. It is well known that AARP is a stooge for Obamacare, that catastrophe of a healthcare plan soon to be declared Unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Social Security is going broke, the government has spent the money that was promised; there are only IOU’s left in Social Security trust. The only thing Hirono’s budget does is keep our money in government hands to further misspend it recklessly.
2) Repeals the Affordable Care Act: Also known as Obamacare. And YES! We want that Obamanation REPEALED! It is 2,700 pages of bad law! Why else is the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) giving waivers away! Waivers mostly to Unions and Obama cronies. It is well known that without the waivers, companies would have dropped their employee healthcare plans, well before the Government Insurance Exchange programs will have started in 2014. The excuse of insurance discrimination is flat out wrong. Obamacare will discriminate against patients and doctors through a 15 member panel of unelected, but appointed, bureaucrats. This unelected panel, (a.k.a. Death Panels) will decide if you will get any healthcare. They will focus on cost and not care. This panel will judge your eligibility for healthcare by your taxable worthiness. In other words, if you not paying enough in taxes to support the system, you will receive rationed care. Why else does Obamacare force parents to insure their children till 26 years of age? Because the law assumes the child’s taxable worthiness will reach the level needed to prop up Obamacare. Someone has to pay for Obamacare and the law assumes 26 years of age is that age level that reaches the workforce as a fully paying taxpayer. Seniors and retirees, on the other hand, will receive rationed care. Obama said it himself; “Maybe your Mother should take the Pill!” Preventing insurance discrimination for pre-existing conditions can be made a law by itself. Insurance is not healthcare. Insurance is a means to healthcare and should be treated separately. As Obamacare become more online, the costs are going up. You won’t be able to keep your doctor. You won’t be able to keep your insurance. What will result, will be a two tiered healthcare system where the very rich will be able to afford health care, and everyone else will have hospital emergency rooms just to get basic healthcare. That’s the future of Obamacare. Is the age of consent now going to be 26 years of age?
3) Attacks Women’s Health Care: That’s a total lie! A manufactured scare tactic the Socialist Democrats like Hirono are using to try and scare women. Insurance discrimination is a falsehood! Insurance is not healthcare, but a means to acquiring it. A simple law to prevent insurance companies from discriminating anyone, regardless of either gender, age or precondition, doesn’t need to be in a wieldy 2,700 pages of bureaucratic nonsense disguised as healthcare. This scare tactic Hirono and her Socialist partners in crime are playing on the American people’s fears is shameful. There is no proof that the Ryan plan discriminates against women. That is a simply a lie, and Hirono knows it. What Hirono wants to do is make everyone pay for abortions and contraceptive services. There is nothing in the Ryan budget that prevents women from healthcare, that’s the bottom line. Shame on Hirono for promoting a lie to her constituents.
4) Eliminates Brand USA, our nation’s travel promotion arm: The question is, why do we need this program? Wouldn’t a program like this be better administered through private enterprise? The answer is a resounding YES! The mission of Brand USA is to encourage international visitation to the United States. With the debt burden that Obama has done in just 3 short years, something has to go! The taxpayer money spent marketing the American States, cities and towns would be used at the local level. The world already knows where and who we are. This is just wasteful needless spending.
5) Rolls back efforts to make college affordable: Is college affordable now? Is college a good value today with leftist professors indoctrinating students into a Socialist model? No! This is another scare tactic by Hirono and her Socialist Democrat criminals. You’ve got Occupy Wall Street (OWS) people running around with worthless degrees in such fields as “Cyberfeminism” and “Taking Marx Seriously: Should Marx Be Given Another Chance?”. These are real courses being offered in Universities that Hirono wants you to pay for through government grants. What marketing skills do courses like this offer the soon to be 26 year old about to enter the workforce? Ryan’s plan does not eliminate grant programs; it just streamlines it towards courses with job marketable skills. Isn’t that a better use of taxpayer money? Let the student pay for these whacky courses through other means other than government taxpayer grants.
6) Slashes education programs for Hawaii’s students: This is also another lie and scare tactic that Hirono should be ashamed of. Currently the Department of Education (DoE) is spending more money, but getting poorer results. Hirono would rather continue the time honored practice of throwing taxpayer monies at a failing system and hoping someday it will get better. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The Federal taxpayer monies spent on education should be a block grant to let the States run their education programs that work for the people of their state. Hirono would continue with a central planned system that puts conditions on the states like “No Child Left Behind”, a noble plan that never worked. Hirono would better represent the educational needs of Hawai’i’s students by working to get the largest block grant for her district. But that means work.
7) Cuts nearly 4.1 million jobs nationwide through 2014: This is Liberal fantasy! This is the Socialist Model that states only the government can create jobs. It is not the role of the government to create jobs. Our Constitution is based on a Free Market Capitalist system, not a Socialist Central Planning model. The Obama regime has spent billions of taxpayer dollars trying to make that work and it has failed miserably. The Ryan plan seeks to eliminate unnecessary wasteful government programs. Currently, the rate of government spending is unsustainable and dangerous. It is pure fantasy to believe spending can continue at its current rate. I believe the Ryan budget doesn’t cut enough! I also believe Economic Policy Institute is nothing more than a mouth-piece for the Congressional Progressive Caucus to spread economic half-truths and outright misinformation. The Economic Policy Institute makes claims, but fails to back it up with any supporting data. Under Obama’s NO PLAN, but continuing run-away spending will eventually hurt everyone; seniors, children, poor, middle class and the rich. Again, another Social scare tactic by Hirono.
8) Gives millionaires and billionaires $265,000 each in addition to the $129,000 they would receive from the Bush tax cuts: Hirono is a student of Keynesian economics and wealth redistribution. Classic Socialism and Class Warfare! The belief that if you take money from one group of people and give it to another group. That does not create jobs. It does not create economic opportunity. Hirono wants to expand government by using tax payer money to waste on government programs. That’s unsustainable! The Bush tax cuts gave everyone a tax cut. Obama and Hirono wants to punish people that are wealthy and successful. Hirono wants to tax the job creators. Hirono wants to slow down the economy by killing small business with unnecessary taxes. This country has the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Hawai’i has some of the highest taxes in the nation. Hawai’i currently tacked on a half percent to the General Excise Tax (GET) to build a train to nowhere. How long before Honolulu’s mistake starts to affect the neighbor islands? This nonsense of taxing and spending our way into prosperity is complete idiocy and irresponsible.
9) Cuts transportation investments in roads, bridges, rail lines, buses, and airports: Again, spending cuts need to be done because we don’t have the money. Obama has drained the Treasury. We as a country are broke. To continue to deny that is like not paying your mortgage. Eventually you will lose your house. It’s like not paying your credit cards, eventually the bank will come for you. It’s like not paying off your car; eventually the repo man will repossess your car. States should be responsible for their transportation priorities. Instead, States with Democrat leadership have wasted transportation projects on other general fund projects. Neil “Crusty the Clown” Abercrombie took money from the Hurricane fund for other projects. This is the same thing that Hirono wants to do. Barney Frank, the Congressman crook that once claimed the Housing Market was solvent and not in trouble of collapsing, did a fund raiser for Hirono. You see, these are the people that caused the economic collapse. It wasn’t the Bush tax cuts. It wasn’t the eight years of the Bush presidency. It started in 2006 when the House of Representatives was dominated by Socialist Democrats. That’s when out of control spending started. That’s when the housing market started to implode. In 2008 when Obama Regime increased spending with Cash For Clunkers, the GM Bailout, the Stimulus plan and the Quantitative Easing of the economy. All failed economic policies supported and voted for by Hirono.
10) Protects tax breaks and boosts incentives for corporations shipping American jobs overseas: I don’t know what incentives companies to move overseas, except for high taxes and over regulation. Hirono and her gang of Socialist Democrats have choked businesses with high taxes and over-regulations. Their failed economic policies to pick winners and losers have resulted in millions of job losses. Conveniently, Hirono blames the Republicans for the Democrats failed policies. The Democrats owned the House of Representatives for 4 years until 2010 when the Tea Party and Conservatives swept the house with Fiscal Conservatives. There hasn’t been a budget passed since Obama came into power. Even the Senate rejected Obama’s budget. So for Hirono to gleefully cast her vote against fiscal sanity just shows the lack of intelligence she has understanding how the economy works.
Hirono offers no budget solution herself. Typical Marxist Democrats that are good at making speeches but little on substance and follow through. At least Ryan has a budget with substantial fiscal sanity. Sooner or later, this nation needs to come to grips with our fiscal house. If not, we will surely end in worse condition. Hirono can hide her head in the sand all she wants, but standing on the sidelines and making unhelpful comments doesn’t demonstrate good government. It does show a small petty woman with an ego of empty vanity.
House Budget Commitee Chairman Paul Ryan corrected Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s incorrect speech on Medicare during House Floor debate of the Path to Prosperity Budget.
DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: As a member of Congress representing a large number seniors in south Florida, I can tell you that the House Republican Budget would be devastating for seniors and older Americans. This Republican path to poverty would pass like a tornado through America’s nursing homes, where millions of Americans seniors receive long-term and end-of-life care.
HBC Chairman Paul Ryan: The growth rate of Medicare under this budget is the same one the President proposes in his budget. Here’s the difference: President Obama in his law — the one being debated over in the Supreme Court — says 15 unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats will be in charge of putting price controls and cuts to Medicare to accommodate that growth rate. Our plan puts 50 million seniors in charge of choosing what health care plan is best for them — more for the poor, more for the sick, less for the wealthy, and it makes Medicare solvent.
And here’s the catch: we don’t change the benefit for current seniors. This just applies to younger people – unlike the current law that the President passed — that my friend voted for – 15 bureaucrats are in charge of putting price controls on current seniors’ medical care which leads to denied care for them. So if we’re talking about who’s “saving and strengthening Medicare” it is this budget as opposed to the status quo, which raids it, rations it and still allows the program to go bankrupt.
“This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility,”
Presumption is a scary thing. Does Obama know something we don’t?
The Ryan Republican Budget did pass in the House today. The Senate is scheduled to review the budget, but the Socialist Democrats that holds the majority rule under Harry Reid will most likely put the budget on hold. This means the current rate of mismanaged spending will continue until after the election. If Obama gets reelected, the America as we have known it will cease to exist. Our economic future will look like Europe, in particular Greece. That is a future which will end the republic and the beginning of a socialist model much like Russia. If Obama is reelected, the Second Amendment will end and Obama will disarm the populace. If Obama is reelected, free speech will be a thing of the past; any dissenting opinion will be not be tolerated. If Obama is reelected healthcare will be rationed, jobs will be scarce, housing will be government owned and the disintegration of individual freedoms and liberties will be forever lost.
What’s For Dinner?
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Salad